Please contact the individual department for outcome information.
Media and Performance Studies
Requirements for Degree.
- Credit hours (32): 14 hours required courses, minimum 12 elective hours, and minimum 6 thesis hours (TMA 699R).
- Required courses: TMA 590R, 620, 651, 652, 668R.
- Elective courses: 12 hours of electives, chosen in consultation with the student's advisor and subject to approval of the department's graduate council. One or more of these may be additional TMA graduate seminars (TMA 590R).
- Thesis: The thesis must make a genuine contribution to body of knowledge and meet highest academic standards. Three kinds of thesis research will be accepted: (A) scholarly analysis of media and/or performance studies history, theory, or criticism; (B) research and strong creative achievement in media and/or performance studies; (C) qualitative research including action research.
- Examinations: (A) comprehensive written examination; (B) comprehensive oral examination; (C) oral defense of thesis.
TOEFL or IELTS (international applicants only)
- Acceptable undergraduate background in theatre arts or media arts
- For Media applicants: two analytical/critical writing samples of scholarly writing
- Three letters of recommendation